Cooking with Feeling
(and other useful senses)
Adaptive Culinary Techniques for the Visually Impaired
by Deborah DeBord, Ph.D.
Everything an experienced or aspiring cook needs to know to make preparing delicious meals both safe and rewarding.
About Cooking with Feeling
- Over 180 carefully chosen techniques are explained in precise language.
- All aspects of cooking are covered, from shopping at the market to setting the table.
- Cross references from the recipes to specific techniques help reinforce learning so that blind and visually impaired cooks can achieve new levels of independence and accomplishment in the kitchen.
- 150 recipes covering everything from appetizers to desserts. Varied menus provide structure for entertaining for all occasions.
- Original recipes and recipes donated by some of America's outstanding chefs and restaurateurs provide a comprehensive repertoire of dishes from around the country and around the world.
The combination of ingenious techniques and excellent recipes, along with Deborah DeBord's encouragement and good humor, make this an excellent choice for organizations that serve the blind and visually impaired.
Download Cooking with Feeling
Cooking with Feeling is available for free download in two formats. Please select the format that is appropriate for you.
- Adobe Acrobat PDF version, suitable for printing.
To view the PDF version, you'll need Adobe Reader. It's free from Adobe. Click Adobe Reader download to go get it.
Download free PDF version, suitable for printing.
(Filename = cookbook.pdf, Size = 1.5 MB. For best results, download the file to your computer.)
- Adobe Acrobat tagged PDF version, suitable for screen readers
Download free PDF version, suitable for screen readers.
(Filename = cookbook_tagged.pdf, Size = 2 MB. For best results, download the file to your computer.)
- HTML Web page version, suitable for screen readers.
This file contains 30 HTML files that have been compressed
into a single .zip file. You will need to first save this file on your hard disk, and then use a program such as WinZip
(http://www.winzip.com) or StuffIt Expander
(http://www.stuffit.com/win/expander/index.html) to extract the HTML files from the .zip file to the appropriate folders on your computer, before you can read the cookbook. See the readme.txt file for details.
Download free HTML version, suitable for screen readers.
(Filename = cookbook.zip, Size = 175 KB. For best results, download the file and extract the contents to your computer.)
Top of Page
The Savory Palette
Deborah DeBord, Ph.D.
81 Cree Court
Lyons, CO 80540
© 2006 by Deborah DeBord. All Rights Reserved.
Home Gourmet Retreats Cookery Books At Cook's Table